Is your assay lacking sensitivity? Do you need a lower detection limit for your lateral flow based assay?
Let us introduce a new label technology based on upconverting nanoparticles (UCNPs).
The market demand for more sensitive point-of-care assays seems to be strong nowadays. Upcon®, a concept by Kaivogen Oy and Labrox Oy, was then developed further to answer this demand. Now we offer a portable lateral flow reader, a smaller version of its original benchmark reader with similar performance.
With Upcon®, the emission is detected without autofluorescence. This leads to greater sensitivity in your assays, while you don’t need any complicated instrumentation either.
In the case of photon upconversion, detection occurs only at visible wavelengths, whereas in the case of conventional fluorescence, autofluorescence obstructs the detection of the emission at visible wavelengths. When the signals of interest are very indistinct, autofluorescence interferes with the detection since it causes other structures to become visible.
- ISO/CE/EN/EMC/RoHS compliant & certified IVD-knowledge
- A robust reader that can be used in several applications and areas
- A complete solution that provides the chemistry as well as the detection instrumentation for extremely sensitive assays
- Readers are optimized for immunoassays – Lateral Flow (LF) & microwell plate formats
- Can be used for quantitative lateral flow tests, bioaffinity assays, microscopy & imaging
- A point-of-care (POC) portable device for lateral flow strip scanning (a strip holder fits 10 strips at a time)
- Upcon® Reader is equipped with a 980 nm laser diode and a sensitive detector (PMT)
Don’t forget to book your tickets for UPCONline 2021, an online conference via Zoom that will be held from 6th to 9th April next week. Ida Erling is representing Labrox at the conference and will talk about Upcon® and its benefits. See you there!